The Superior Representation You Deserve
Rancho Cucamonga Prostitution Lawyer
Aggressive Defense Against Prostitution Charges in California
At the Law Offices Of Brian E. Skibby, we understand that individuals accused of prostitution face serious legal consequences that can impact their personal and professional lives. If you need a Rancho Cucamonga prostitution lawyer, our dedicated team is here to provide you with the legal guidance and representation you deserve. With our in-depth knowledge of California's laws surrounding prostitution, we are committed to helping you navigate the complex legal system and achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Call The Law Offices Of Brian E. Skibby today at (909) 695-0095 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our prostitution attorney in Rancho Cucamonga!
What is Prostitution?
Prostitution refers to sexual activities or services in exchange for money or goods. While it may seem straightforward, the legal definition of prostitution in California encompasses many activities. It includes not only engaging in sexual intercourse but also soliciting, arranging, or offering to engage in such activities. Furthermore, even loitering in a public place intending to engage in prostitution is considered a crime.
What are the Penalties for Prostitution in California?
California has strict laws and penalties regarding prostitution offenses. If you are found guilty of prostitution, the consequences can be severe and long-lasting. The penalties depend on the case's specific circumstances and whether it is your first or subsequent offense. Here are some of the potential penalties you may face:
- Misdemeanor Offense: A first-time prostitution offense is typically charged as a misdemeanor. If convicted, you may face up to six months in county jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000. Additionally, you may be required to participate in AIDS education and prevention programs.
- Felony Offense: Subsequent prostitution offenses or offenses involving minors can be charged as felonies. Felony convictions carry more severe penalties, including imprisonment in state prison for up to three years and significant fines.
- Registration as a Sex Offender: If you are convicted of prostitution-related offenses involving minors, you may be required to register as a sex offender. This registration can have far-reaching consequences, including restrictions on where you can live, work, or spend time.
Defenses Against Prostitution Charges
When facing prostitution charges, it is crucial to have a skilled and experienced Rancho Cucamonga prostitution lawyer who can analyze the specific details of your case and build a strong defense strategy. At the Law Offices Of Brian E. Skibby, we will thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your arrest and develop a personalized defense tailored to your situation. Some common defenses against prostitution charges include:
- Lack of Evidence: We will scrutinize the evidence presented against you, including witness statements, police reports, and any surveillance or audio recordings. We will challenge the prosecution's case if there are inconsistencies or insufficient evidence.
- Entrapment: If law enforcement officials used tactics to entice or coerce you into engaging in prostitution that you would not have done otherwise, we can argue entrapment is a defense strategy.
- Constitutional Violations: We will examine whether your constitutional rights were violated during your arrest, such as illegal search and seizure or Miranda rights violations. Any violation of your rights could result in the exclusion of evidence or even dismissal of your case.
Contact Our Rancho Cucamonga Prostitution Attorney Today
When facing prostitution charges, you need a Rancho Cucamonga prostitution lawyer who will fight vigorously to protect your rights and achieve the best possible outcome for your case. The Law Offices Of Brian E. Skibby is dedicated to providing exceptional legal representation and personalized attention to each client. We understand the complexities of prostitution laws in California and will use our knowledge and experience to develop a strong defense strategy tailored to your specific situation.
Contact the Law Offices Of Brian E. Skibby today to schedule a FREE consultation with our prostitution lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga!