The Superior Representation You Deserve
Rancho Cucamonga Drug Trafficking Attorney
Experienced Defense Against Drug Trafficking Charges in California
Drug trafficking is considered a very serious crime that can result in severe penalties. At the Law Offices of Brian E. Skibby, we have extensive experience defending clients against drug trafficking charges. Our Rancho Cucamonga drug trafficking lawyer is here to provide you with skilled legal representation and guidance during this challenging time.
Call the Law Offices Of Brian E. Skibby today at (909) 695-0095 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our drug trafficking lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga.
What is Drug Trafficking?
Drug trafficking is a serious criminal offense involving the sale, transportation, importation, or distribution of illegal drugs. In Rancho Cucamonga and throughout California, the law strictly prohibits the possession, sale, or distribution of controlled substances like cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, and marijuana. Trafficking can involve various activities, including manufacturing, cultivating, distributing, or simply possessing a significant quantity of illegal drugs with the intent to sell.
What are the Penalties for Drug Trafficking in California?
The penalties for drug trafficking in California are severe and may vary depending on the particular type and quantity of drugs involved, your prior criminal record, and the circumstances of the case. Some common penalties for drug trafficking convictions may include:
- Prison Time: Drug trafficking convictions can lead to substantial prison sentences, ranging from several years to life imprisonment, especially for large-scale operations or when certain factors such as violence, firearms, or the involvement of minors are present.
- Fines: Convictions for drug trafficking can lead to substantial fines, which can add up to tens of thousands of dollars. These fines can create a significant financial burden.
- Asset Forfeiture: Law enforcement agencies may seize your assets, including vehicles, cash, and property if they believe these assets were used in or obtained through drug trafficking activities.
- Probation: In some cases, probation may be offered as an alternative to prison time. However, it comes with strict conditions and close supervision.
- Loss of Professional Licenses: Drug trafficking convictions can lead to the revocation of professional licenses, making it difficult to pursue certain careers.
- Criminal Record: A drug trafficking conviction can have a lasting impact on your criminal record, making it difficult to find employment and housing.
Defenses Against Drug Trafficking Charges
Some common defenses against drug trafficking charges may include:
- Lack of Knowledge: If you were unaware that drugs were present, you may have a valid defense against trafficking charges.
- Unlawful Search and Seizure: If law enforcement violated your Fourth Amendment rights at the time of a search or seizure, the evidence obtained may be inadmissible in court.
- Illegal Arrest: If your arrest was not conducted in accordance with the law, it could be a basis for dismissing the charges.
- Chain of Custody Issues: Problems with the chain of custody of the evidence can weaken the prosecution's case.
- Coerced Confessions: If you were forced or coerced into making incriminating statements, those statements might be inadmissible in court.
- Entrapment: If you can demonstrate that you were entrapped by law enforcement into committing a drug trafficking offense, it may be a viable defense.
Contact Our Drug Trafficking Lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga Today
At the Law Offices Of Brian E. Skibby, our Rancho Cucamonga drug trafficking lawyers are dedicated to providing you with aggressive and knowledgeable legal representation. We will assess the circumstances surrounding your charges, explore potential defenses, and work tirelessly to secure the best possible outcome for your situation. Your future is important, and we are here to help you protect it.
Contact the Law Offices Of Brian E. Skibby today to get started with our Rancho Cucamonga drug trafficking attorney.