The Superior Representation You Deserve
Rancho Cucamonga DUI Attorney
DUI Charges in Rancho Cucamonga, California
The DUI criminal charges you could face for a drugged or drunk driving criminal charges could include:
- First DUI – Up to 6 months’ jail, $1,000 fine, and 10 months’ license suspension
- Second DUI – Up to 1 year jail, $1,800 fine, 2 years’ license suspension, and interlock ignition device (IID)
- Third DUI – Up to 1 year jail, $1,800 fine, 3 years’ license suspension, and IID installation
- Fourth DUI – Up to 16 months’ prison, $18,000 fine, 4 years’ license suspension, and an IID
It can be terrifying being pulled over and then arrested on DUI charges.
It can be tempting to accept the license suspension and fines so you can put the whole thing behind you—but the reality is that a DUI conviction can follow you into every job interview and on every housing application.
When you need to fight for your future, turn to the Rancho Cucamonga DUI lawyer at Law Offices of Brian E. Skibby.
Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Limits in California
Under California law, when you apply for a driver’s license you automatically consent to field sobriety and chemical tests in order to judge your level of impairment.
Because of this “implied consent” law it is important that you understand what DUI criminal charges you might be facing depending on your BAC percentage at the time you are pulled over.
California BAC limits:
- 0.08% - “per se” BAC limit
- 0.02% - zero tolerance (underage) BAC limit
- 0.16% - enhanced penalty (aggravated) BAC limit
If you refuse to take a breathalyzer test in Rancho Cucamonga, you can be facing a citation. However, if you then consent to a blood test you may be exempt from this criminal charge.
Call our Rancho Cucamonga DUI lawyer to discuss your criminal charges today - (909) 695-0095.
DUI Charges in Rancho Cucamonga
In the state of California, there is a possibility to fight for a lesser charge through a “plea bargain.” If the charge is reduced to what is known as “wet reckless,” the DUI is considered to be a reckless driving criminal charge.
What Are the Penalties for a Wet Reckless in Rancho Cucamonga?
The possible penalties for wet reckless criminal charges include:
- 90 days in jail
- $145 to $1,000 in fines
- Alcohol and drug awareness program
Our Rancho Cucamonga DUI attorney has the prosecutorial insights to keep your defense one step ahead of the government’s case.
Should I Hire a Rancho Cucamonga DUI Lawyer?
Yes, hiring a DUI lawyer is worth getting in California. When you hire an experienced DUI lawyer who understands the California traffic laws, you are looking to establish a strong defense strategy to prevent a license suspension and win your DUI case.
Rancho Cucamonga criminal defense attorney Skibby has successfully defended hundreds of clients, and he may be able to help you get your DUI criminal charge reduced or dismissed and possibly expunged in the future.
Learn more about your possible criminal defenses and take action now to assert your legal rights.
Why Choose Brian Skibby as Your Rancho Cucamonga, criminal defense attorney for DUI charges?
- 25 Years of Hard-Hitting Legal Experience in Criminal Defense
- Former Prosecutor Fighting for You
- Works Directly on Each Criminal Defense Case Start to Finish
- Reasonable Fees. Payments Plans. Free Consultations.