Rancho Cucamonga DUI Attorney
Call (909) 695-0095 for DUI Defense Today
It can be terrifying to be pulled over and then arrested on charges of driving under the influence. It can be tempting to simply accept the license suspension and fines so you can put the whole thing behind you—but the reality is that a DUI conviction can follow you into every job interview and on every housing application. When you need to fight for your future, turn to the Law Offices of Brian E. Skibby.
Why Choose Brian Skibby as Your Rancho Cucamonga DUI Lawyer?
- 20 Years of Hard-Hitting Legal Experience
- Former Prosecutor Fighting for You
- Works Directly on Each Case Start to Finish
- Reasonable Fees. Payments Plans. Free Consultations.
Our Rancho Cucamonga DUI lawyer has the prosecutorial insights to keep your defense one step ahead of the government’s case. Attorney Skibby has successfully defended hundreds of clients, and he may be able to help you get your DUI charge reduced or dismissed, and possibly expunged in the future. Learn more about your possible defenses and take action now to assert your legal rights.
Call (909) 695-0095 today to schedule your FREE consultation with a proven DUI lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga.
DUI Penalties in California
The penalties you could face for a drugged or drunk driving offense could include:
- First DUI – Up to 6 months’ jail, $1,000 fine, and 10 months’ license suspension
- Second DUI – Up to 1 year jail, $1,800 fine, 2 years’ license suspension, and interlock ignition device (IID)
- Third DUI – Up to 1 year jail, $1,800 fine, 3 years’ license suspension, and IID installation
- Fourth DUI – Up to 16 months’ prison, $18,000 fine, 4 years’ license suspension, and an IID
Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) Limits
Under California law, when you apply for a driver’s license you automatically consent to field sobriety and chemical tests in order to judge your level of impairment. Because of this “implied consent” law it is important that you understand what penalties you might be facing depending on your BAC percentage at the time you are pulled over.
- California BAC limits:
- 0.08% - “per se” BAC limit
- 0.02% - zero tolerance (underage) BAC limit
- 0.16% - enhanced penalty (aggravated) BAC limit
If you refuse to take a breathalyzer test in the state of California, you can be facing a citation. However, if you then consent to a blood test you may be exempt from this charge. Call our Rancho Cucamonga DUI lawyer to discuss your charges today.
DUI Reduction in California
In the state of California, there is a possibility to fight for a lesser charge through a “plea bargain.” If the charge is reduced to what is known as “wet reckless,” the DUI is considered to be a reckless driving charge.
The possible penalties for wet reckless charges include:
- 90 days in jail
- $145 to $1,000 in fines
- Alcohol and drug awareness program
To fight for your DUI charges to be reduced, you need the help of an experienced Rancho Cucamonga DUI attorney. Brian E. Skibby is well-equipped to defend you.
Don’t just plead guilty. This is your freedom, your finances, and your future on the line. Even if you have failed or refused a blood or breath test, Rancho Cucamonga DUI attorney Brian Skibby may still be able to help you save your license from revocation by the DMV and help you battle for your rights in criminal court. Discover your legal options in a free consultation.